Thursday, September 04, 2008

A Basic River Ride

Needed to test my adjusting of the front wheel spoke tension and its trueness before Sunday's possible metric century, and today was a HOT day, so I opted for the usual flat river loop, from SCCC to Lock 9, and back through Scotia. It actually seemed like the wheel was pretty good, but since I never seem to be able to get it right, I dropped it off afterwards with Bill Lewis at Adirondack Bicycle anyway, just to be sure. It felt pretty good to be back on the bike, and I didn't feel the leg deadness that I was noticing earlier in the week. Guess I just needed a little recovery time.

The weather for Saturday looks pretty bad, with the remains of Hanna blowing through with lots of rain, but Sunday may dry out enough that I'll decide to ride. It would be nice to finish a metric without the cramping and bonking in the late miles that I've experienced for the past two years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home