Monday, December 01, 2008

It's not over 'til it's over...

Sunny. 53 degrees. December 1. Yesterday's miniscule snowfall has all melted, and the roads are dry. Time for a ride!

After being flat on my back since Thanksgiving night with a MAJOR lower back issue, I was ready to get out of the house. I'm not sure yet what it's all about, but it dates back to a 5k run I did on October 6, after which I experienced excruciating back pain later in the day. It's been off and on since then, but on Thanksgiving, it was definitely the sitting still that brought it forward again. Lots of rest and heating pad time over the weekend, and today I went for x-rays, just in case it's more than a muscle strain. I biked on the trainer twice briefly over the weekend, which went OK, so after being cooped up for all that time, decided to try a real ride today.

I just did a really relaxed 14.6-mile river loop, from SCCC to Lock 9 and back through Scotia. That was fine, so I think I'm almost back to "normal". Taconic Hiking Club is doing a longer slow-paced ride on Wednesday, so I may give that a try if all goes well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home