Saturday, July 28, 2007

Last ride before the adventure begins

The SWC ride Thursday evening was in Glenville. We climbed Snake Hill Rd, went up Ridge, then a fairly easy rolling rest of the ride. It was slated to be 18 miles, but since I only needed 20.6 to go over 1000 for the season, I added on a few and got there. This is going to be a good year!

Tomorrow, I leave for Crown Point, camp overnight, and then begins the year's big adventure. I'll head out Monday morning on the Tour de Champlain (see link in sidebar), a 250+ mile 6-day circumnavigation of the northern and more interesting part of the Lake. I'm carrying everything and camping, weather permitting, so this will be my first real loaded tour since 1973. With any luck, I'll be updating that other blog as I go along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home