Friday, August 10, 2007

Back to normal

I've been told that I seem more "normal" now that the big trip of the year is over, in that I'm no longer obsessing about the planning, and focusing on the trip to the exclusion of all else. I guess that's a good thing. But it was all a good experience, and a really enjoyable way to travel.

Last night's SWC ride was my first time back on the bike in almost a week, and it had to be the Mariaville loop. I didn't have any problem with the hills, but there's always the problem of pushing harder on one of these group rides. I got out of "tour mode" at several points, and put the hammer down. So today I'm tired.

I'm trying to think of a good relatively local ride to occupy a free Saturday tomorrow, but so far am coming up blank. Maybe I'll go hike something instead. Will see what the morning brings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home