Friday, April 18, 2008

Duanesburg and Ice Cream

Another amazing mid-April day, with temps near 80 and very low humidity and winds. I wanted a mid-length ride with some climbing, and I wanted to go someplace I don't go all the time. I like this ride to Duanesburg and back, but needed to figure out a way to avoid Curry Road on the return trip. So, coming back, I left NY7 at Pangburn, and cut through to NY406 via Quackenbush Road. That took me to NY158, to County Line, West Lydius, and home via NY146. This turned out to be a VERY nice route, and I will certainly do it again. Stopped in Stewart's in Duanesburg for ice cream, and also stopped and hydrated often. When I finished the 29.4 miles, my energy was still good, the seat felt comfortable, and I could have gone further. Maybe it's time to stretch it out to 45-50 and see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home