Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Windy Climb

Today was the best weather we've had in quite some time, with both cooler temperatures and lower humidity. Most importantly, there was no rain in the forecast. The afternoon was committed to other things, so I went for a morning ride.

I wanted to get back into some bigger mileage days, having been off the bike quite a bit lately, so I decided on the 30-mile loop to Duanesburg via US20 and returning via NY7. It was a tough ride westbound, with 4-5 miles of climbing 700 feet into a steady headwind. But the trip home down NY7 was very nice, downhill with a crossing tailwind. I definitely felt my legs after this ride, and I think that's mostly because of the backsliding my fitness has undergone with all of these rainy days and no riding. But I did pass 1000 miles for the season, and I'm still a full month ahead of last year. We definitely need more days like today, but it looks like more rain is on the way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home