Sunday, November 11, 2007

3 days, 2 rides, 65 miles

... and I've now added more miles in November than I did in October. Weird.

On Friday, I had some free time, and it was sunny and 40ish, so I did a river loop from home, including the bike path dead-end in Rotterdam junction. I was amazed at how little clothing I needed once I got going and warmed up. Polypro and a light zip turtleneck on top, polypro and wind pants on the legs, and a polypro balaclava under the helmet, and I was toasty. The windblocker fleece gloves are working extremely well, and there's just no reason to NOT keep riding until the roads get to be a mess. 23 easy and pleasant miles.

On Sunday, the Albany Bicycle Coalition was having a "Tour de Roundabouts", and learning how to ride through some new roundabouts in the Bethlehem/Delmar area. There would also be a stop at Indian Ladder Farms in Voorheesville for cider and donuts. The ride was meeting in Albany's Washington Park at 1130. I saw no point in DRIVING from Schenectady to Albany, biking from Albany to Voorheesville to Albany, and then driving home. So I biked to Albany, biked the roundabouts and biked to Indian Ladder with the group, and then biked home. This was about 42 miles, and I had my doubts before doing it, but the 4 donuts and large glass of cider got me home just fine. Good ride, and a good education, for both ourselves and some local drivers who had to treat us as vehicles in the roundabouts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home