Monday, November 26, 2007

Return to Indian Ladder Farms

Yesterday was a gorgeous clear 40s windless November day, so I needed an excuse for a ride. I didn't want just a "loop for the sake of a loop" - I wanted a destination. I remembered the lunch menu at Indian Ladder Farms, from the "Tour de Roundabouts" a few weeks ago, and decided to head out there for lunch. We'd been too big a group for the available seating on that trip, so had just grabbed some cider donuts and gathered outside, though there were some really interesting looking things on their menu. Plotting the route in Topo USA, it looked like about 27 miles round trip, and easily doable. Went down through French's Hollow, up Ostrander and down to Voorheesville, then out to Indian Ladder. Had a great sandwich, and enjoyed the live entertainment by a fellow MHCC member. Coming home, I went via Meadowdale and then cut over to NY158, just for variety. Somewhere around 23 miles, on County Line Rd, my legs had had about enough, but a quick stand-up break and a drink got me going again. It was a good ride, and certain to be repeated. Cold is not an issue, as I've figured out a good layering scheme that works, so I can keep doing this until the roads get to be a mess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home