Thursday, July 03, 2008

A Quick River Loop

Today promised late afternoon and evening thunderstorms, and it looks like the SWC ride may well get rained out. Knowing that, I was going to get out for a ride this morning, but an early batch of showers prevented that. A look at the weather radar showed I had a couple of hours in the early afternoon before things went downhill, so I headed for the bike path, again.

I parked at SCCC and went to Lock 9, returning through Scotia on the other side of the river. Knowing this was a short and fairly flat ride, I pushed the pace a bit, to squeeze out a little more of a training effect than at my usual pace. As it turned out, I averaged 16.6 mph, instead of the usual 14.something. That doesn't sound like much of a difference to a non-bicyclist, but I could certainly tell I was riding hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home